Application of laser cladding in the equipment life cycle
1. Design & development phase
Technical and/or financial requirements impose selection of part base metal without optimal surface properties.
Enhancement of surface properties of new parts to extend service life.
2. Manufacturing phase: part fabrication & system assembly
Delay in manufacturing process due to part fabrication – or system assembly defects.
Repair of parts to minimize delay.
3. Operation phase: use, maintenance & repair
- Loss of efficiency and/or increased risk on system breakdown due to deterioration of parts;
- Downtime due to system breakdown.
- Repair of deteriorated parts supporting regular maintenance;
- Repair of damaged parts after system breakdown.